SAE Split Flange code 61 code 62
SAE Split flange is one of the most popular type of SAE flanges. As one of the best China SAE flange manufacturer and supplier, Younglee Flange produce and supply SAE split flange halves in a wide range of sizes in carbon steels and stainless steels.
Main series of SAE split flange
SAE split flange halves usually come in two series as below according to the pressure rate.
- 3000 psi SAE split flange halves, which is known as code 61 split flanges also.
- 6000 psi SAE split flange halves, which is known as code 62 split flanges also.
- 3000 psi series SAE split flanges (code 61 split flanges) are produced according to ISO 6162 part 1;
- 6000 psi series SAE split flanges (code 62 split flanges) are produced according to ISO 6162 part 2;
Both the above two series of SAE split flanges conform to SAE J 518 C.
Materials of code 61/62 split flanges:
- Carbon steel: C20, C45, CQ235 and so on.
- Stainless steels: grade 304, 316, 316L, 316Ti, and corresponding EN/DIN steel grade 1.4031, 1.4401, 1.4404, 1.4571.
- Other materials such as duplex steels on requests.
Carbon steel Sae split flanges usually are supplied with surface treatment as below:
- Zinc coated (white)
- Phosphated (black)
- Untreated + oiled
Other surface treatment upon customer’s request, but usually with a certain min. order quantity.
Stainless steel SAE split flanges usually are supplied with natural bright surface.
Size range of Younglee SAE split flanges
- Code 61 sae split flanges (3000 psi standard pressure series) : 1/2″ (DN13) to 5″ (DN127)
- Code 62 sae split flanges (6000 psi High pressure series) : 1/2″(DN13) to 3″(DN76)
- for 3000 psi series code 61 split flanges: working pressure is between 35 bar to 350 bar, depends on the sizes and the blots used.
- for 6000 psi high pressure series code 62 split flanges: working pressure is up to 400 bar.
Two halves (a pair) of SAE split flange halves make up A set of split flange. The advantage of this type of SAE flange is that the installment on existing piping and hydraulic tubing is easy. SAE split flanges are designed to allow easy installation of the pipes and tubes in tight quarters applications and provide tilt proof clamping.